Film Screening | The Raising of America
The U.S. is a can-do nation. So why is child well-being in the U.S. so much worse than in other rich countries? How does what Paul Kershaw calls “the growing squeeze” on so many young families and caregivers—the squeeze for time, for money and for resources—“drip down” on their infants and young children, literally altering the wiring of their developing brains with potential long-term consequences for learning, earning and mental and physical health? How might we do better? (Source)
This August 25th, Family Forward Oregon is hosting a screening of Raising of America at the Eugene Public Library from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., followed by an interactive panel discussion. Come learn about the care crisis in the United States, and how to change the conversation to promote and affect the transformation that most working families so desperately need. and panel discussion post movie screening.
- What: “Raising of America” documentary and panel discussion (check out trailers & info here).
- Where: The Eugene Public Library @ 100 W. 10th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401 (here’s a map).
- When: Tuesday, August 25th, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Who: You! Your friends! (Your friends with kids. Your friends without kids. Free and open to all.)
- Why: Because to predict how our nation will fare tomorrow, we need to look at how our youngest children are faring today — and the numbers are not all that promising. Raising of America hopes to change the conversation so that more parents and children have access to the kind of care they need — but we can’t do it without first knowing about the problem.
- RSVP: No need, this one is first come, first served, until space runs out!